COVID-19 Recreation Resources
- Summer Camp COVID-19 Guidelines (PDF) Updated: June 25
- Municipal Pool COVID-19 Guidelines (PDF) Updated: June 23
Our playgrounds reopened on Monday, July 6
Please be advised that our areas of our playgrounds will be open on a modified schedule each day to allow access for the General Public and for Rec. Dept. Summer Camp attendees to utilize facilities while adhering to COVID-19 guidelines. Schedules below:
- Taylor Park Playground
- Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. from July 6 through August 14, the 5-12 apparatus will be for the Rec. Dept. Summer Campers and the 2-5 apparatus will be for the General Public. All other days/times the entire playground will be open to all.
- Gero Park Playground
- Closed to public Monday through Friday, 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. from July 6 through August 14. All other days/times the entire playground will be open to all.
Recreation Programs, Special Events and Services
- Camera and movie clubs
- Concerts in the Park
- Egg Hunt
- Field and tennis court reservations
- Field Hockey
- Fishing Derby
- 4 Miler Run
- Golf - Tournaments & Lessons
- Junior Science Program
- Pool, Golf, & Tennis Memberships
- Pool - Swim Team & Lessons
- Roller Hockey
- Room Rentals
- Senior Activities
- Skiing & Snowboarding
- Sneakers "Special Needs" Program
- Softball - Youth & Adult
- Summer Camps
- Teen Activities
- Tennis - Tournaments & Lessons
- Track & Field - Cross Country
- Trips to Games & Events
Recreation Commission Policy
It is the policy of the Millburn Township Recreation Commission to offer activities and programs for the recreational benefit of all Township residents; to support, regulate and encourage participation in these programs; and to facilitate the use and enjoyment of the Township parks and recreational facilities for all residents.
If participation in a recreation program presents a financial hardship, individuals may apply to the Millburn Township Office of Welfare for fee discounts or waivers. Applications for discounts or waivers will be evaluated by the Office of Welfare in accordance with their criteria. The Office of Welfare is located at Town Hall, at 375 Millburn Avenue and can be called at 973-564-7090.
If a participant is injured in a Recreation Dept. sponsored program, “Secondary” accident insurance is available. This insurance usually covers excess items that are not covered by one’s primary insurance. Note: The injured party, in conjunction with their coach or program supervisor, must complete and submit an accident report to the Millburn Recreation Department within 48 hours of the accident. The Recreation Dept., once it has verified that the accident occurred at a Recreation Dept. program, will provide the injured party with an Insurance Claim form that the injured party must use when the injured party submits claims to the Township’s Insurance carrier.