Meetings are held on the 1st Wednesday of the month (except August or holidays) at the Gero Park Recreation Building or the Bauer Community Center located within Taylor Park (see calendar for exact dates and locations).
The Commission consists of 9 members appointed by the Mayor for 5 year terms. Current commissioners are:
- Stephanie Nesser, Chair, Term Expires: December 31, 2023
- Heather A. Adelman, Term Expires: December 31, 2019
- Fredric K. Leighton, Term Expires: December 31, 2019
- Lisa Siracuse, Term Expires: December 31, 2021
- Nicholas Romano, Term Expires: December 31, 2021
- Monica Yang-Togher, Term Expires: December 31, 2021
- Chris Drucker, Term Expires: December 31, 2022
- Stuart Paulsen, Alternate #1, Term Expires: December 31, 2021
- Scott Redler, Alternate #2, Term Expires: December 31, 2023
- Robert Hogan, Director
- Samuel Levy (Liaison), Term Expires: December 31, 2018
Board of Recreation Commissioners
(NJSA. 40:12-1 ET SEQ. and Code Section 2-27)
The Recreation Commission is responsible for community recreation; plans, promotes, organizes and administers a comprehensive recreation service for the entire community; establishes administrative procedures to assure maximum services provided at a reasonable cost; checks effectiveness of the recreation services; studies community recreation needs to develop immediate and long-range plants to meet these needs; interprets the recreation organization, its philosophy and objectives; establishes and maintains cooperative planning and working relationships with other local community agencies and interested individuals in cooperation with the Director of Recreation.