Historic Preservation Commission
(Article 8 of the Zoning Ordinance)
In order to safeguard the heritage of the Township by preserving Millburn’s cultural, historical, social archaeological, economic, and architectural resources, the Township Committee, by ordinance, created a Historical Preservation Commission in 1987.
Among its duties are the maintenance of the Historic Structures Survey, and the recommendation of any actions necessary for updating the historic preservation element of the Master Plan. The Commission advised the Planning Board and the Zoning Board on applications for development affecting designated historic districts and sites.
Meetings are held on the 1st Thursday of the month.
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Short Hills Park District Survey
The Commission has 7 regular members who serve 4 year terms and 2 alternates who serve 2 year terms. All terms are appointed by the Mayor.
- Alison Canfield, Chair, Term Expires: December 31, 2023
- Elizabeth Wanga, Term Expires: December 31, 2026
- Robert Frenkel, Term Expires: December 31, 2024
- Karen Gaylord, Term Expires: December 31, 2024
- Zachary J. Davis, Term Expires: December 31, 2024
- Jessica Glatt, Term Expires: December 31, 2026
- Bruce Kramer, Term Expires: December 31, 2023
- Vacancy, Alternate 1
- David Barton, Alternate 2, Term Expires: December 31, 2024
- Maggee Miggins, Township Committee Liaison
- Crystal Woods, Secretary