Historic Preservation Commission
(Article 8 of the Zoning Ordinance)
In order to safeguard the heritage of the Township by preserving Millburn’s cultural, historical, social archaeological, economic, and architectural resources, the Township Committee, by ordinance, created a Historical Preservation Commission in 1987.
Among its duties are the maintenance of the Historic Structures Survey, and the recommendation of any actions necessary for updating the historic preservation element of the Master Plan. The Commission advised the Planning Board and the Zoning Board on applications for development affecting designated historic districts and sites.
Meetings are held on the 1st Thursday of the month.
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Zoom Meeting Information
- Please click to join the webinar: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/81400382212?pwd=cno4SjMzZHIzRktYWmZQV1ExL2Fwdz09
- Passcode: 905238
- Or One tap mobile : US: +16468769923,,81400382212#,,,,*905238# or +13017158592,,81400382212#,,,,*905238#
- Or Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location) US: +1 646 876 9923 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 669 900 6833
June 2, 2022 -- Applications
Short Hills Park District Survey
The Commission has 7 regular members who serve 4 year terms and 2 alternates who serve 2 year terms. All terms are appointed by the Mayor.
- Alison Canfield, Chair, Term Expires: December 31, 2023
- Elizabeth Wanga, Term Expires: December 31, 2022
- Robert Frenkel, Term Expires: December 31, 2024
- Mary Esquivel, Term Expires: December 31, 2022
- Karen Gaylord, Term Expires: December 31, 2024
- Zachary J. Davis, Term Expires: December 31, 2024
- Bruce Kramer, Alternate 1, Term Expires: December 31, 2023
- Gary Rosen, Alternate 2, Term Expires: December 31, 2022
- Maggee Miggins, Township Committee Liaison, Term Expires December 31, 2022
- Crystal Woods, Secretary
- HPC Designated and Non Designated Sites Sorted by Designation (PDF)
- HPC Designated and Non Designated Sites Sorted by District (PDF)
- HPC Designated and Non Designated Sites Sorted by Street (PDF)
- HPC Map (PDF)
- Historic Ordinance 2470-16. New regulations adopted 2016 (PDF)
- Historic Preservation Element of the Master Plan