Zoning Board of Adjustment
The Board of Adjustment shall have the power to:
- Hear and decide appeals where it is alleged by the appellant that there is error in any order, requirement, decision or refusal made by an administrative officer based on or made in the enforcement of the zoning ordinance;
- Hear and decide requests for interpretation of the zoning map or ordinance or for decisions upon other special questions upon which such board is authorized to pass by any zoning or official map ordinance in accordance with this act;
- Grant variances in special cases as per NJSA 40:55D-70 (c) and (d).
2020 Zoning Board Meeting Dates
Meetings run from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
* Indicates re-organization meeting.
** Indicates virtual meeting
July 6 Meeting Zoom Information
- Join from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android device: https://zoom.us/j/93356272399?pwd=bUxlOFUxcWI3cW5wS25kd2lIVkpRZz09
- Password: 811194
- Or join by phone: Dial US: +1 646 876 9923 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782
- Webinar ID: 933 5627 2399
- Password: 811194
- International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/addDZAk2HY
July 6 Meeting Materials
- CAL#3749-20 Shah Application (PDF)
- CAL#3751-20 Springfield 92 Application
- CAL#3751-20 Springfield 92 MinnoWasko (PDF)
- CAL#3751-20 Springfield 92 Langan Signal Warrant Analysis (PDF)
- CAL#3751-20 Springfield 92 Control Point Survey (PDF)
- CAL#3751-20 Springfield 92 Langan Conceptual Traffic Signal Plan (PDF)
- CAL#3751-20 Springfield 92 Millburn Avenue Urban Renewal LLC Springfield Resolution (PDF)
- CAL#3751-20 Springfield 92 Bohler Plans (PDF)
Agendas & Minutes
Most Recent Meeting Recording
A Board of Adjustment is hereby established pursuant of NJSA 40:55-69 et seq. consisting of seven (7) members and two (2) alternates who shall be residents of the Township of Millburn appointed by the governing body. Regular member terms are four (4) years and alternative member terms are two (2) years.
- Joseph Steinberg, Chairman, Term Expires: December 31, 2021
- Jessica Glatt, Vice Chairwoman, Term Expires: December 31, 2022
- Mary McNett, Term Expires: December 31, 2020
- Craig Ploetner, Term Expires:December 31, 2020
- Jyoti Sharma, Term Expires: December 31, 2022
- Joy Siegel, Term Expires: December 31, 2021
- Steve Togher, Term Expires: December 31, 2023
- Wolfgang Tsoutsouris, Alternate 1, Term Expires: December 31, 2020
- Kevin Wenzel, Alternate 2, Term Expires: December 31, 2020
- Gail Fraser, Attorney
Informal Technical Review Committee
The Township operates an Informal Technical Review Committee to provide an added level of service to commercial applicants wishing to do business in town. Informal reviews will address deficiencies in a commercial application, provide direct responses to inquiries and technical guidance to applicants for the submission of a complete application, as well as communicate next steps in the process.
The technical review committee will be for commercial applicants only. Commercial applicants are encouraged to meet with the TRC prior to being scheduled with the applicable board. Appointments must be made at least (1) week prior to the scheduled TRC meeting.
Potential applicants meeting with the TRC must submit 4 copies of their plans to Jessica Almeida at firstname.lastname@example.org at least one (1) week prior to the commercial applicant’s TRC review date.
Meetings will occur on the second Wednesday of each month between the hours of 9:00 and 10:30 a.m.
Millburn Town Hall
375 Millburn Avenue
Millburn, NJ 07041
2nd Floor Conference Room
Meetings with the Technical Review Committee will be by appointment only. Any commercial applicant wishing to have an informal technical review of their application will be required to schedule an appointment no later than one (1) week in advance. If space for a particular meeting date is not available, the potential applicant will be scheduled for the next available meeting.
See more information on the process here: Informal Technical Review Committee.