- 7:30 p.m.
- Millburn Municipal Building
375 Millburn Avenue
Millburn, NJ 07041
2019 Meeting Schedule
All 2018 regular meetings will be held at 7:30 prevailing time unless otherwise noted on the following dates:
* Meetings held at the Cora Hartshorn Arboretum
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Commission is comprised of 7 members who serve 3-year terms, 2 alternates who serve 2-year terms, and a Township Committee liaison, all appointed by the Township Committee. One member of the Commission serves as liaison to the Planning Board, another member represents the Township on the Passaic River Coalition, and another represents the Township on the Rahway River Association.
- Dianne Eglow, Township Liaison, Term Expires: December 31, 2019
- Elizabeth Vollavanh, Chairperson, Term Expires: December 31, 2019
- Jorge Mastropietro, Term Expires: December 31, 2019
- Vaclav E. Benes, Term Expires: December 31, 2020
- Edward Hilzenrath, Term Expires: December 31, 2021
- Lisa Chenofsky Singer, Term Expires: December 31, 2020
- Priya Patel, Term Expires: December 31, 2020
- Joseph Barbanel, Term Expires: December 31, 2021
- Alex Moaba, Alternate 1, Term Expires: December 31, 2019
- Sarah Rosenthal, Alternate 2, Term Expires: December 31, 2020
About the Commission
Established in 1969, The Millburn Environmental Commission has a distinguished history as one of New Jersey's first municipal environmental commissions. The Commission attracts Township volunteers with a zeal for environmental stewardship and the professional credentials to advance clean water, clean air, recycling and the environment. The Millburn Environmental Commission oversees the identification, preservation and protection of the Township’s environmental resources. The Environmental Commission also serves as advisor to the Township Committee and the Planning Board on planning and zoning matters.
Millburn Township Natural Resource Inventory
The Commission periodically updates the Natural Resource Inventory, which catalogs open space, geological features, water, air, soil, vegetative, and animal life in Millburn.
The Environmental Commission aims to impact public education by creating and distributing informational materials, organizing hands-on activities and other projects. The Commission enhances our quality of life and creates awareness of the ecosystem in which we live.
The Commission interacts with neighboring community environmental commissions and environmentally oriented non-profit organizations to address local, regional, and state environmental concerns.
Do you have a concern about an environmental issue in Millburn? Feel Free to contact us, or come to one of our monthly meetings.
Complete Streets Presentation by James Sinclair from the New Jersey Bicycle and Pedestrian Resource Center on January 26, 2017
Safe Routes to Schools Presentation by Jessica Lubas from TransOptions