PSE&G Gas Pipes Upgrade
PSE&G is upgrading and replacing 1.71 miles of gas pipelines within the Township of Millburn.
Work is expected to begin Monday, May 20, 2019 and run through July. Crews are scheduled to work Mondays through Fridays, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with some Saturday construction expected. All work is weather permitting and inclement weather may extend the project timeline.
Streets that can expect intermittent work and traffic closures include Arden Place, Briarwood Drive, Country Day Drive, Dale Drive, Dorset Lane, Hobart Gap Road, Lee Terrace, Longhill Drive and White Oak Ridge Road. Residents in work areas will be notified directly by PSE&G about the project.
Project Update 8/16:
PSE&G is expected to complete its gas pipeline replacement and begin the roadway restoration phase of the project on Friday, August 23. Work is expected to last through Thursday, August 29, weather permitting.
This final phase of the project includes work on roadways, lawns, and concrete work such as sidewalks. Milling and paving of the affected roads will take place between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Detour routes will be posted in the area. Roads to be paved are as follows:
- Dorset Lane between White Oak Ridge Road and Long Hill Drive
- Arden Place between Briarwood Drive and Dorset Lane
- Country Day Drive from Briarwood Drive to end
- Briarwood Drive between Long Hill Drive and White Oak Ridge Road
- Lee Terrace from Long Hill Drive to 200' EO Robert Drive
- Long Hill Drive from 300' SO Dorset Lane to 350' NO Lee Terrace
- Dale Drive from Long Hill Drive to end
The Township will share periodic updates regarding the project, including road closure information. Residents are also advised to follow PSE&G for any breaking news and to reach out to the company directly with questions and concerns. Please e-mail email@example.com or call 1-833-661-6300.