Downtown Area Vision Plan
At the February 18, 2020, Township Committee meeting, Paul Phillips, Township Planner, and Deputy Mayor Prupis presented the idea of Downtown Area Vision Plan. It was then unanimously agreed upon by the Township Committee to create a subcommittee to steer the Downtown Area Vision Plan process until such time as a recommendation could be made to the full Committee. This subcommittee consisted of; Deputy Mayor Prupis, Committeeman Wasserman, Alexander McDonald, Paul Phillips (Township Planner) and Joe Maraziti (Township Attorney).
On September 15, 2020, at its regular Township Committee meeting, the Township of Millburn unanimously voted to approve a professional service contract with Perkins Eastman to complete the Downtown Area Vision Plan document inclusive of all public engagement to ensure stakeholder input. The process will include several ways for residents, merchants, property owners and other interested stakeholders to participate in this important visioning process. The process will explore key areas that will assist Millburn in creating an evolved and even more exciting downtown area. These areas of focus include, but are not limited to; land use, current retail conditions, view and view corridors, parking, development sites, traffic and pedestrian circulation and open spaces and park. Many pertinent documents can be found below that provide insight into the current process, historic reference of past studies or endeavors that can assist in providing a clear and concise direction for Millburn's downtown area.
Downtown Area Vision Plan Documents
- Downtown Area Vision Plan Process Narrative (PDF)
- Downtown Area Vision Plan RFP (PDF)
- Perkins-Eastman Proposal (PDF)
- Perkins-Eastman Revised Proposal and Costs (PDF)
- Resolution No. 20-184: Authorization to Set Up a Reserve for Preliminary Planning Expenses for the Township of Millburn for the Downtown Area Vision Plan (PDF)
- Taylor Park Strategic Plan, 2020 (PDF)
- Millburn Traffic & Parking Public Meeting, 2020 (PDF)
- Millburn DPW Relocation Feasibility Report, 2019 (PDF)
- Adopted Millburn Master Plan Reexamination, 2018 (PDF)
- Millburn Redevelopment Plan 2008, Part 1 (PDF)
- Millburn Redevelopment Plan 2008, Part 2 (PDF)
- Redevelopment Area Study for Portions of Blocks 701, 1207 and 1212, 2006 (PDF)
- Stan Eckstut Downtown Study 2005 (PDF)
- DMDA Master Plan 2000, Part 1 (PDF)
- DMDA Master Plan 2000, Part 2 (PDF)
Steering Committee Members
Members listed below have been approved by the Township Committee.
- Beth Zall - Planning Board Chair
- Priya Patel - Environmental Commission Chair
- Gaston Haupert - PTOC Safety Chair and Pedestrian Safety Advisory Board Member
- Alex Zaltsman - Board of Education President
- Amy Lawrence - Former Member of Public Works Relocation Ad Hoc
- Deputy Mayor Tara Prupis - Township Committee Member
- Committeeman Richard Wasserman - Township Committee Member
- Alex McDonald - Township Business Administrator
Please direct questions regarding the Downtown Area Vision Plan to firstname.lastname@example.org.